Avast Black Screen Problem – windows 8 | solved
You might have encountered a black screen problem after installing Avast antivirus on your Windows 8 operating system. You would notice that once your account loads the screen automatically turns black and you won’t be able to see anything except a moveable cursor.
I recently encountered this problem and I didn’t have any clue as well. I tried to start a new process (explorer.exe) using task manager but looked like it was blocked as it was not appearing under the process tab. I guessed that it could be Avast, I’m not blaming avast personally but all antiviruses act weirdly sometimes (My past experience) . The only reason I’m using avast is because its free and also I could get a paid version for free. Want to know more? Read: How to get Avast Internet Security 3Yr License For Free
How to solve Windows 8 black screen problem caused by Avast antivirus
- Turn on your computer and log in
- Once you are logged in, you would get a black screen with a moveable cursor
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and open Task manager
- Go to start-up tab and right click on Avast antivirus and click on open file location
- Now double click on AvastUI, It will open the Avast Interface
- Go to security –> Behavior Shield —> Settings
- Click on Trusted Processes on the left and add the below mentioned path to the list
C:Windowsexplorer.exe and C:WindowsImmersiveControlPanelSystemSettings.exe
Following this procedure will definitely help you solve the black screen problem. In case its not resolved. Go to Avast –>security –> Behavior Shield —> Settings and under main settings untick “Monitor the system for unauthorized modifications” and click OK.
Do let me know, if my tutorial helped you and if it did do leave your valuable comment. If you have any more questions, just shoot your question at BleepingTech Forum