Easiest Way To Fix DNS Lookup Failed Error
“DNS Lookup Failed” is quite common when you are using Google Chrome. This issue commonly arises when the settings are incorrectly configured or the DNS server stops responding. It’s always recommended to choose the Best DNS Servers for Your Computer.
What does DNS Server Do?
It translates domain names (eg: google.com ) to IP Addresses.
How To Fix DNS Lookup Failed error?
By Default in most computers, DNS server addresses are obtained automatically. You need to change it and use open DNS. It’s recommended to use Google DNS. i.e 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 Or you can find the best DNS servers for your computer.
Once you change the DNS server addresses, restart your computer. Clear cookies, Cache, Browsing History from your browser settings. Try to disable add-ons and see if its works. If you still get a problem try to use in private browsing.
If all the above steps fail, go to Google Chrome settings, Click on show advanced settings and under privacy you would find “Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors” just remove the tick from the checkbox next to it and restart chrome.
Now open command prompt. Click on start –> type cmd in the search box -> Right click on cmd and run as administrator -> ipconfig /flushdns press enter
If the problem is resolved great or else follow the second method.
Check out this simple video which explains the procedure to change DNS address
- Click on Start (windows) button — > go to control panel and click on Network and Internet
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on change adapter settings (it’s on the left-hand panel)
- Right click on local area connection if you are using wired connection. If your computer is wirelessly connected click on Wireless Network Connection
- Clik on properties–> highlight internet protocol version 4 nd go to properties
- Click “Use the following DNS server addresses” and use open dns. Under preferred use 220.127.116.11 and for Alternate use 18.104.22.168
- Apply changes and restart your computer.
Learn How To Change Dns Server Address on Your Computer: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using If you have any doubts on how to change it,do let me know by commenting. Share your views on it as we are eagerly waiting. Get More Information About DNS:
PCPedia Recommends DNS For Dummies