I have used both applications and have found there are things about both that I like better than the other.
Here are three specific pieces about Blogspot that I think are great when compared to WordPress:
1. Integrate your Google account as well as multiple Google accounts
When you sign up for Blogger you can add your Google account to the blog and join the two. Because of this ability to connect them, you will be able to use other Google features such as AdSense, AdWords, and Webmaster tools.
2. Your blog is backed up by Google
Does anything else need to be said? It’s Google. One of the largest and more powerful of the big internet companies, Google is what Google is. You should feel safe no matter what.
3. Change visual appearance and code within templates
This is the No. 1 reason why I like Blogger more than WordPress. True, there are very beautiful templates that you can find for WordPress. Also true you have to pay for some, but the difference for Blogger and WordPress is that Blogger lets you build your blog piece by piece. All you need to do is choose the template, and then you are able to change:
• Background for the entire blog
• Widths can be adjusted for the entire blog and the left sidebar (or right if you have one)
• Layout of the body and the footer
• Font face
• Text and background colors for: links, titles, tabs, headers, and other post details
Building every page made having a blog a lot of fun, especially with so much customization. My best advice is try them both out and see which you like better. If you do, comment and let me know your choice: WordPress or Blogger?
You May Also Like: