The world’s Largest Annual Innovation Event has just wrapped up, and the million dollar question is – ‘What was the best of the best at CES 2013?’ Well, if you ask me, I would say, this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show was all about TVs. The biggest crowds and their chatter were all around the huge and expensive Ultra HDTVs. This year’s show offered a glimpse of the new innovations at CES that may also be at the heart of CES for the upcoming years.
What’s special about 2013 CES is that it wasn’t just the 3D TVs that made a splash, but also the futuristic 4K Ultra-HD TVs. This year, 3D TVs seemed to be a thing of past, as the new Ultra HDTVs caused a big stir. It was the Samsung 4K “Easel TV” that dominated the show.
Samsung, a South Korean multi-national company, promised a 4K TV with an unprecedented shape. The Easel TV has a unique design with a hidden camera for gesture control and Skype functionalities. The 85 inch floating Ultra HDTV, is set to hit the store racks in the month of March. The specifications of Samsung UN85S9 Easel TV are:
- Display – 85-inch Ultra HD – 4K resolution (3840 × 2160px).
- Processor – 1.35GHz with the Quad-Core A15 chipset.
- 120-watt 2.2 speaker system and 4 HDMI ports.
Samsung Easel TV is undoubtedly the best television with fully loaded features like voice control and new touch-pad remote.
Not only has Samsung given us a treat, we also have Toshiba on the line with its new L9300 series of 4K TVs. Toshiba’s 84-inch L9300 series powered by Toshiba’s CEVO 4K Core Processor (Quad+Dual) is set to ship this summer. The specs of the series are:
- Display – 58, 65 and 84-inch Ultra HD – 4K resolution (3840 × 2160px).
- UltraClear Dynamic Noise Reduction and a 240Hz refresh rate.
- Integrated Wi-Fi for wireless connectivity.
Toshiba’s L9300 series, with cutting edge display technology, is one of the best TVs displayed at 2013 CES.
Now, what else? No! It’s who else? LG, the South Korean electronics giant, as a gift to gamers, has announced a lineup of Ultra HDTVs, including 84-inch Ultra HD 4K LED TV that supports 3D gaming. The series of 4K TVs feature…
- Display – 55, 65 and 84-inch Ultra HD – 4K resolution (3840 × 2160px).
- More than 1,400 apps on the store.
- Cinema 3D passive technology.
The range of 4K LED TVs from LG, that’s actually shipping very soon, is great news for anybody who live and not watch their favorite TV shows.
It’s not just these; there are other highlights in the list like:
- Panasonic’s amazing 56-inch 4K OLED TV, with stunning quality and sharp display that’s surely the best for us, from the Japanese electronics giant.
- Samsung’s 110-inch 4K LED, world’s biggest TV.
- Sharp’s dazzling 85-inch 8K TV prototype, a step ahead in the screen resolution race.
- Sony’s two new 4K collections – Sony Bravia – 55-inch and 65-inch TVs.
- World’s first curved TV set from Samsung.
In simple words, 4K Ultra HDTVs raised eyebrows at 2013 CES.