Bloggers who migrated from Blogger to WordPress are facing issues redirecting via the blogger mobile URL/template. The URL ends with m=1. lots of 404 errors are shown in Google webmaster tools. The blogspot URL looks like http:/site.blogspot.com/test.html?m=1 .
Blogger 301 Redirect plugin Version 2.1 by ‘Sudipto‘ fixes this problem. Recently an update was rolled out which made sure that the blogger mobile ULR (m=1) gets redirected to the correct WordPress post instead of the homepage or the 404 not found page.
Before the update rolled out, my webmaster tools displayed around 800+ not found errors and mostly due to the incorrect blogger mobile URL redirection (m=1) .
To fix this issue you just have to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Download or Update Blogger 301 Redirect plugin
- In your WordPress dashboard –> Go to Settings —> Blogger 301 Redirect
- Make sure the below options are ticked (as shown in the screenshot)
- Copy the code under ‘Method 1: Using New Blogger Template’
- Login to your blogger account. Go to Template –> Edit HTML and take a backup of the template (save it in a notepad)
- Once the backup is taken, replace the blogger code with the code from Blogger 301 Redirect plugin ( Check the above screenshot)
- Finally click on save template.
- click the Gear Icon below the Mobile template
- Select No. Show desktop template on mobile devices >> Click Save
You have successfully fixed the problem. All thanks to Mr Sudipto for making this happen. I sincerely thank him for developing a wonderful plugin free of cost.
Test this link : http://pcpedia.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/find-best-dns-servers-for-your-computer.html?m=1 it now redirects properly.