A lot of users don’t exactly understand what the Registry is all about and the need for Registry backups.Windows Registry is can be defined as a vault of various settings of windows and other programs.Registry has all the information that programs require.
A Simple mistake in the Registry can stop the windows from loading.this is the most simple reason on the need to take registry backups.Taking backups regularly is a very smart idea.To take a backup.you need to open regedit. A simple way to take backups without the help of any third party softwares
- Go to Start –>Run–>Type Regedit and press enter
- You will be presented with a two window pane that closely resemble the windows explorer.
- Now click on File —>Export
- Give it a name and Browse the location where you want to save the backup and click on save
- Done ! registry backup in 2 mins 😉
Remember Registry backups are huge.So keep on deleting the older backups when you take new backups this is help you save space.
How to restore backup?
- Simply find the location where you saved the registry backup
- Double click on the file.
- you will be presented with a dialog box asking you “are you sure to add the data to your registry ” click yes
- And your registry will be restored instantly