Recently I came across a profile which claims to be my high school’s Principal. I used to the report function and bingo the profile was blocked by Facebook.That’s when i decided to write a post so that it could help people who are not aware of this function.
Steps to Block a Facebook Profile
The “Report/Block this Person” link is in the bottom left column of the profile.Select ‘Fake profile’ as the reason and adding the appropriate information.
The following categories of profiles are prohibited on the site:
- Profiles that pretend to be you or someone else
- Profiles that use your photos
- Profiles that list a fake name
- Profiles that do not represent a real person
- Profiles that represent a business or organization
- Profiles that have been compromised
Make sure you choose the correct option so that it will help the Facebook team to take the appropriate action as fast as possible.You don’t need to worry as your report will be kept confidential.
What are your views on Facebook report function and have you ever come across a fake profile?